dang i can not believe how fast these last couple years have gone. My babies aren’t babies anymore. I have 2 children in school this year and my youngest is about to turn 3. THREE!!! can you believe it. I know random people blogging is on the way out and I don’t have anything awesome to contribute to the internet world but reading through some of my old blogs (on a quest to find a blog post I might have transferred from myspace. old school I know) and I realized blogging was very cathartic for me. soooo I’m taking it back up. Here I go.
1.I’d like to start with some pretty awesome news. Daniel started his 1st day at moldings plus today. Hes been out of work for 6 months so this is very much an answer to many prayers. Thank you all who have prayed with us through this.
2. The kids are going to a charter school and I love it very very much. But with some things that have been going on with Trin in her person life and health we made the decision to make the switch out of their Mosaic program which was 3/5 regular school and 2/5 independent studies where I taught her the content and at the pace they set up and go into full blown homeschool. I am so lucky to have an AMAZING ES Michelle Sullivan and a great friend Erin Meissner to help hold my hand through this transition. We are starting our third week and I have made it thru the 1st of many nervous breakdowns and am feeling on top of the world.🙂 The kids go in to the learning center 1 day a week for enrichment classes and they love it. Trin was sick on the 1st day of that but they both are loving it.
3. We are coming on up birthday season for the kids and I can not believe it. Trin will be 8 in Dec. Micah will be 6 in just a few weeks and the baby will be 3 in Jan. I said a while back “maybe we should stop calling him ‘baby'” then I realized what that meant and quickly said “no once we do that we will end up with anther baby” lol which if anyone cares is not on our to-do list but if God so chooses to bring us another one we will be happy. Scared out of our minds just like we have been the last 3 times but happy none the less.
4. Daniel and I are about to celebrate 9 years of marriage. Doesnt seem that long and yet it feels way longer sometimes. Ive known Daniel since I was 4. Thats a crazy long time to know someone. lol so we’ve known each other now for 28 years. Been together for 12 years and married for almost 9.
5. Trin will be seeing a pediatric GI specialist in about 1.5 months. this is both just a routine check up that should be happening since her surgery when she was a baby and to get some answers to some tummy and bowel troubles she’s been having. Praying for answers and relieve. Her appointment is on Oct 21st.
6. I don’t know what else to say other then we have been weathering some pretty constant storms and can finally see a little break in the waves. I really really enjoyed one of the verses Pastor Matt talked about on Sunday. 2 Samuel 22:5-7,17 “The waves of death overwhelmed me; floods of destruction swept over me. The grave wrapped its ropes around me; death laid a trap in my path. But in my distress I cried out to the LORD; yes, I cried to my God for help. H heard me from his sanctuary; my cry reached his ears…He reached down from heaven and rescued me; he drew me out of deep waters.
thats all for now.🙂
The kids had a blast at their 1st day of preschool walked in like a champ took off without a goodbye. Had to hunt them down to give them a kiss goodbye.
Went to pick them up and when I finally got micahs attention and told him we had to go now he said “aw man!!!” But when I told him ge can come back tomorrow he was OK with that.🙂
I asked trin what she learned today and she told me “I learned the letter l is for lion and the letter c is for turtle” trin I don’t think that’s right. “No I promise” lol she tells me “the letter c was next to the turtle.” But trin that doesn’t mean turtle starts with c. She’s thinking “hmm…CA CA cake…cake… hmm” She’s also very excited cause she was “the only good listener…well and the other kids but not all of them” she also got to be @ the front if the line “the teacher told everyone to line up behind me!!!”
The teacher said they both did GREAT for their 1st day. I’m so glad they are enjoying themselves.
P.S. we found out last night trin has a loose tooth. Micah is almost more excited about it then trin. He’s yelling “the tooth fairy’s coming!!!! She’s gonna bring sissy a present!!!! I have a loose tooth too!!” He doesn’t like the idea that he has at least 2 more yrs till he gets a loose tooth. Lol
I carried you in my womb for nine months… felt sick for months with nausea, then watched my feet swell (and even disappear), my skin stretch and tear; i struggled to climb stairs, and got breathless quick; i suffered many sleepless nights. Then went through pain to bring you into this world.
Then, I became your nurse, your chef, your maid, your chauffeur, your biggest fan, your teacher, your helper, your prayer warrior, and your BEST FRIEND. I struggled for you, cried over you, hoped the best for you, and PRAYED for you.
*stolen and slightly modified.
I think I need to frame this and hang it in my kids room as not only a reminder to them but also a reminder to myself of what the 2nd half reminds me to be.
Its been awhile since I blogged last and figured now is a good a time as any to fill u all in. So here we go with yesterdays excitement.
Yesterday started off normal I thought about taking the kids to story time at the library but then remembered that trin still has a fever so we just stayed home. Normal nothingness the rest of the day. Daniel gets home kids go down for a nap. Normal until I noticed shadow had been barking for a longer then normal amount of time so I got up to go check. I see a group of high school kids sitting on the wall by my house. I watch them through the window cause I know the people in my neighborhood suck butt. I hear 1 kid say “yea look there’s a brick over there” he hoops the wall into the parking lot beside my house so I go over and swing that door up “to shush my dog” which scares the crap out of the boy and his friend heading over to grab a “weapon”. Needless to say they didn’t get the brick and I stood in the door way starring at them for a bit then came inside. Called 911 after that to let them know a group of 20 minors and at least 2 adults were sanding outside my house who looked like they were up to no good. (Yes I’m a paranoid old person but with obvious good reason) then I went and woke daniel up letting him know what was going on and I had just called the cops if could get up while we wait for them to show up. (1st 911 call at a little after 3) I then went out front “to check the mail” really I wanted to see what they were up to from a different angle. Then I wrote my mom and told her that daniel could go get her from work after the kids left or the cops showed up. A few more kids showed up and hung out for a while. Then at about 400 3 cars full of people showed up noticed the group get agitated called 911 while moving to the front yard. Its Linda easy to “blend in” when they are all in fight mode cause they kinda get tunnel vision. So I’m standing in my drive way telling dispatch the situation has now changed cause 3 cars just pulled up and people have bats and a machete. Once the machete dude lunges at a guy who goes and stands behind daniel on the porch while I start yelling stuff. Don’t quote me I don’t remember exactly I just know it had some profanity in it and startled them all enough to stop for a moment. The “regrouped” and started again. This happens a few more times. The 911 operator asks “ma’am who are you yelling at” to which I replied “the ‘effing’ kids trying to stab people in my front yard!” Bla Bla Bla I yell at a few more kids when 1 says “why don’t you call the cops then!!!!” So I waved my phone at him and said “who the ‘eff’ do you think I’m talking to!!!” Then they all try and reassure me that nothings going on and everything/everyone’s OK. They hop in their cars drive off. I let dispatch know the vehicles that are being driven and in what direction they are headed. The kid that almost got stabbed and his group went just 3 doors down from us. Yay for living so close to such awesome people! While I was yelling I noticed a small trickle of fluids running down my leg. ***warning TMI approaching*** probably wouldn’t have noticed if I wasn’t in a dress without undies on. Sorry u were warned. I reneger thinking (while yelling) holy did I pee a little while yelling (at the top of my lungs which if u know me at all is pretty freaking loud) or did my water just break?” Iafter everyone left and finally got off the phone with 911 daniel and stayed outside waiting for the cops (which never showed) and watching to see what else happens. While standing outside I start getting some pretty awesome contractions so I go inside go pee cause I feel pressure but don’t actually pee. Check what liquid is on my leg no oder so I think “maybe that was my water” go tell daniel what’s going on then run a bath, call my mom to let her know a. What just happened outside the house b. I think my water broke and c. We will come get her in a sec. I call my obs office to see what they want me to do and the conversation goes something like this “so funny question there was a near stabbing in my front yard and I think my water may have broke while I was yelling at them…” she butts in “you need to go to the hospital” oh alright. All i wanted to do was soak in the tub. So now I have to sit in the tub while my brother gets home to pick up my kids and go get my mom from work. I then txt some family and let them know what’s going on. All the while the contractions have let up enough I don’t feel like I’m being ripped in half but still close and uncomfortable. My bro shows up daniel and I leave for the hospital while parking the RPD calls me to ask if im still in the area. I informed her that no i was not cause i think my water broke and im having contractions. I let her once again a group of the people involved are just 3 doors down from where I live then she asks if I was hurt I told her no then she wanted to know if I was already at the hospital like she’s gonna send out an ambulance or something. Ha no thanks I see how fast u responded to my 1st 2 calls I’ll handle this one on my own just like I red the other 2. I get there and have NO CLUE where I’m to go. I’ve only been to Parkview a handful of times and then was for when my sister was pregnant 7 yrs ago!!! Good place to start us the ER then send me to admitting where I wait about 20-30 mins to get that handled. Lame!!! Do u know how hard it is to fill out paper and answer question while in pain. Grrr. By the time they get a bed cleaned and hooked up I’m now only having MILD contractions and pressure. she swabs for fluids which by the way amniotic fluids when on a microscope film dries it makes a fern leaf pattern. I love odd info. Anywho after that dries we know it wasn’t my water that broke just my fat broke body unable to “contain” it self under “pressure”. Lol gotta love being pregnant. Had to get a second opinion on the fluids and then wait for a doc to check my out. By the time that happened @ 9ish I was only having braxton hicks type contractions and pretty much no more pressure so I told him I feel fine I’m ready to go home. (Oh p.s. there was a nurse shift change while I was there and when she came in to introduce herself and see how I was going I started to tell her well u see what happened was she said oh I heard all about the excitement. Lol so did the doc guess they over heard me telling my dad when he showed up) I let them know I had a Ob appointment scheduled for Friday which they thought was great so home I went after stopping to get Carl’s Jr cause I was STARVING!!!!
so I hope you enjoyed the exciting tales of the ghetto S.A.H.M. love you all and thanks for all your prayers and concerns.
See I turned 29 today and this being the last year in my 20’s so there are a few things I’ve been thinkin I should have completed before I hit the big three oh.
Here they are
- get a savings going again
- lost this extra 20 lbs of baby weight to hit my pre pregnancy weight and maybe throw in an extra 10.
- start up a company. (cant tell you what it is cause its a secret…for now anyways but we have a name picked out already)
- be more patient with my kids and daniel
- see how long I can grow my hair. This should be interesting
- start exercising at least 3 times a week.
- get back into the 4 hour body
- get my nubbin looked out
- start blogging more. not that anyone needs me too but its a good tool for remembering whats happened.
simple enough right? we’ll see.
Do you watch a movie or read a story where at the end the bad guy loses or dies and you let out a hoorah?! Our hearts long for justice and so does Gods. I know God does not delight in anyone spending eternity separated from Him but He knows all and knows at the moment when he/she chooses to deny Him. That is his spiritual death not his physical death. Gods heart broke the day Osama chose to turn his heart from God and towards evil long before he passed away. Do we get excited at the end of Revelations when Satan is cast into hell? He is one of Gods creations who turned his heart from God? I have an odd feeling that all the people quoting Proverbs 27:14 gets excited at the end of the movie when the bad guy dies too. Maybe not maybe I’m just a heartless human?! idk